OUR PERUVIAN ALPACA
Alpaca Fleece, is a lustrous and silky natural fiber, very fine, light, strong and thermal even when wet also it can resist the solar radiation effectively.
- It is warmer, not prickly, and bears no lanolin which makes it hypoallergenic. It is also soft and luxurious.
- In physical structure, alpaca fiber is somewhat akin to hair, being very glossy.
- The preparing, carding, spinning, weaving and finishing process of alpaca is very similar to the process used to wool.
- These characteristics guarantee the animals a permanent and appropriate coat to fight against the extreme changes of temperature.
- Alpaca fleece is sustainable as a fiber, and is naturally organic. Alpacas as animals are soft on the environment, making ALPACA FIBER a truly green textile.
The silky soft feel is the result of the sunny climate and growing conditions in the northern coastal valleys of Peru, where it is cultivated and harvested by hand .
- Peruvian’s cotton since is harvested by hand doesn’t have scratchy impurities and retain its smoothness. It is extremely pure cotton or better known as “raw cotton” because it does not have chemicals, artificial colors, pesticides, and therefore, it is organic retaining its natural state.
- In addition to being organic, it is believed that it reduces allergies and respiratory problems.
- Peruvian’s cotton fiber is classified as a luxury fiber because of its 1 3/8” inches in length, while ordinary cotton measures ½” inch to ¾” inches as much in length.